Our 18" Variable Speed Open-End Drum Sander offers a lot of versatility and a huge sanding capacity in a small amount of floor space. Sand stock up to 36" wide and 4-1/2" thick! Unlike other open-end drum sanders, the table moves up and down instead of the head, meaning the drum support is much more rigid during sanding operations, giving you more consistent results. Add that to the precision control of the electronic variable-speed conveyor and the dual speed sanding drum, and you'll agree that this feature-packed sander is an incredible value! ETL Listed.
CSA certified meeting CAN/CSA C22.2 #71.2-08 and UL 987 standards!
- Two pressure plates
- V-Belt drive
- Steel construction
- 18" x 44-1/2" abrasive conveyor belt
- Electronic variable-speed conveyor
- Stationary drum headstock
- Safety switch with removable key
- Uses 3" wide sandpaper (100 grit included)
- Easy access for sandpaper changes
- Sanding motor: 1.5 HP, 120V, single-phase, 13A
- Drum surface speed: 2600 FPM and 3400 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: variable, 0-12 FPM
- Maximum stock dimensions: 36"W x 4-1/2"H
- Minimum board length: 6"
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8"
- Sanding drum size: 4"
- Dust collection port: 4"
- Overall size: 35-1/2" W x 22-1/2" D x 50" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 235 lbs.