Need a solid cast-iron lathe with big capacity? Well, look no further, because this 18" x 47" Wood Lathe has it all! You'll appreciate the cast-in shelf brackets for adding additional mass, variable-speed control in two torque ranges, digital speed indicator, forward and reverse switch and convenient utility basket. Single-phase frequency drive technology provides the electronic variable-speed control without the three-phase power requirement. All you need is standard 220 Volt, single-phase power to be up and running in no time. You'll be amazed by all the quality and innovative features this lathe has to offer!
We changed from a (brushless) DC motor to a 3-phase AC motor for several reasons. It's quieter, electrically more efficient, and provides smoother power output - especially at slower speeds. The DC motor design can be a bit choppy at slower speeds, and while most users wouldn't notice this, we decided it was worth the upgrade. Also, 3-phase AC motors are the most reliable motor design that there is. So the change improves both the performance and reliability of an already outstanding heavy-duty wood lathe.
Made in an ISO 9001 Factory
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase with single-phase VFD, 5.6A
- Power requirement: 220V, single-phase, 15A
- Swing over bed: 18"
- Swing over tool rest base: 14"
- Distance between centers: 47"
- Spindle threads: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI RH
- Spindle speed: Variable, 100–3200 RPM
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Spindle bore: 3/8"
- Tool rest post diameter: 1"
- Overall dimensions: 81" W x 19-1/2" D x 48-1/16" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 550 lbs.
- Spur center
- Cup live center
- Knock-out tool
- Tool rest
- 6" Faceplate
- Electronic variable-speed spindle control
- Digital spindle speed readout
- 10° Spindle indexing
- Headstock can be positioned anywhere along the bed
- Heavy-duty cast iron bed and legs ensure stability and minimal vibration
- Tailstock, headstock, and tool rest supports have lever-action cam locks for quick positioning
- Belt drive offers 2 speed ranges
- Forward/reverse spindle control
- Emergency stop switch