The Sjobergs Elite cabinetmaker's workbenches are made in Sweden. Crafted to eliminate any vibration, rocking or racking, they are suitable for professionals. For maximum strength, the top is made of full-length laminations of knot-free European beech. Solid beech is also used in the preassembled trestle frames and the entire bench is treated with top-quality oil. The tops are just under 3-3/8 in. thick in the middle, joined with tongue and groove joints for consistent flatness. The skirt around the edge is a sturdy 4-5/16 in. H. The 2 pre-mounted vises, made in Sweden exclusively for Sjobergs, claim a 5-3/4 in. opening capacity and slide along fully adjustable guide rails to eliminate any jaw misalignment. If you are left-handed, the front vise can be moved to the other side of the bench and the top rotated 180. The bench also includes 4 solid steel bench dogs with side springs, while double rows of dog holes permit even the toughest clamping jobs using either vise. The cabinet provides a large open compartment with an adjustable shelf for easy access to frequently used tools, while the door-fronted compartment keeps out dust and shavings. The cabinet helps to dampen vibration and reduce shifting. Made from birch plywood.
- Most substantial benches in the Sjobergs line built from solid beech and treated with top-quality oil
- Large vises are 29 in. W with a 5-3/4 in. opening capacity
- Double rows of bench dog holes extend from both vise locations
- Included cabinet with doors and drawers offers convenient tool storage and added mass, which further eliminates vibration
- 4 unbreakable 1 in. round steel bench dogs included, that can be used in both the bench top and the trestle
- Vises can be rotated for both left-hand and right-handed use
- Accessory kit: includes a sturdy hold fast for flexible clamping options, an anvil to protect your bench and jaw liners to protect delicate work pieces